Mudskippers are the coolest fish on the planet. Why? Because they can breath on land and walk around without a care. Their unique style of movement is cute which I tried to replicate this in this project and ended up creating an Albino Alpha Mudskipper Robot! AAMuR for short. Check out the video tutorial above to see how I made it.
Interested in making one for yourself? Here are the things that you will need:
- ESP32 Devkit V1 – https://robu.in/product/nodemcu-32s-esp32/
- SG90 Servo Motor(x4) – https://robu.in/product/towerpro-sg90-9g-mini-servo-9-gram/
- 18650 Battery Shield – https://rb.gy/difd4r
- 18650 Lithium Ion Battery – https://robu.in/product/orange-icr-18650-2200mah-lithium-ion-battery/
- Common PCB – https://robu.in/product/37-cm-universal-pcb-prototype-board-double-sided/
- Berg connectors – https://robu.in/product/1×40-berg-strip-male-connector/
- Connecting wires – https://robu.in/product/20-cm-40-pin-dupont-male-male-male-female-female-female-cable-combo/
I designed the main body on Fusion 360. You can find the STL files for this project on thingiverse here.
Use the following circuit diagram for the electronics.
The code for this project is on Github here. Do check out the comments to how the robot works.
You can control the robot using your phone. Just type in the IP address that you get from the serial monitor once you have uploaded the code.
That is it folks! See you in the next post!